expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 17, 2015

NB Vazee Pace Shoe Review

The Vazee Pace is one "Tuff Shoe" and is quickly becoming one of my favorite kicks of 2015.  It dropped on July 1st and I happened to be in my LRS in Brandford Ct-(SoundRunner) when the NB rep was in the store giving an in store product review.  After hearing the rundown about the shoe I tried it on and my interest was peaked enough to take them home for a ride.

The Pace is built on the same last as the Zante with a bit more room in the upper with a nice booty box to keep the tounge still-(they had me at booty).  This is a kick asphalt shoe!

Sweet Asphalt Kicking Shoe!!!

Features and Benefits:
  • REVLite Midsole: Offers a lightweight ride without sacrificing underfoot cushioning or stability 
  • Deconstructed Heel Counter: Flexes where you need it
  • No-Sew material application
  • Heel-to-toe Drop: 6mm
  • Weight: 7.5oz 


Deconstructed Heel Counter reminds me of the Lunar Glide 6
I'm with my man Thomas at Believe In The Run, the deconstructed heel might just be marketing jargon and esthetics.  The upper is airy with a smooth interior with not hotspots, I was almost tempted to take a spin in them sockless.

No-Sew Material Construction
NB has it rated as a daily trainer but, I could easily see this being used as race day shoe for distances from 5k to a marathon. 

Competitor jumped the gun in naming the Zante the shoe of the year, they may need to retract that article before Kanye grabs the award and gives it to the Pace, either way it's a win for NB.

Heel-To-Toe Drop 6mm
The hype around the Zante was incredible and I'll admit I picked up two pairs but, subsequently returned them-they looked good just didn't work for me.  The Pace on the other hand looks good and works with me.  My only issue with the Vazee Pace was the bunching on the medial side-sizing down resolved it somewhat. 

REVlite Midsole 

The Vazee Pace has garnered a spot in my rotation and is def in the ranking for my Top 5 Shoes of 2015

Love at first Run

The Pace has a nice firm snappy but cushioned ride with a toe spring that provides quick lift off.  NB is certainly starting to make some noise in the running shoe industry.  For another take on the Vazee check out Steve's review at Run Bull Dog Run

RunR4Lyfe

No comments:

Post a Comment